Lyndon Johnson and Richard Nixon inspired stage satires cast in the mold of Shakespearean and Greek tragedies. George Bush gets the comedy of ineptitude. See “You’re Welcome America” with Will Ferrell. It’s a benchmark of sorts.
Oh crap. The Mayans and the Hopi predict some bad stuff is coming down in 2012. I mean, the world might end. Armageddon? It is written, grasshopper, that 2012 will be Sarah Palin's year.
Now for some good news. Twinkies have/has emerged from bankruptcy. They survived the Great Depression and the Atkins diet, too. Ding Dongs now roam throughout the land. Not just in Washington.
Val Kilmer is considering a run for governor of New Mexico. Here's a list of other actors, singers, dancers who have served their higher calling:
- George Murphy was a famous film actor turned California state senator.
- Ronald Reagan, film actor, California governor then president.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger, film actor, now California governor.
- Sheila Kuehl was a famous TV star in the 50s
- Dobie Gillis became a California state senator.
- Shirley Temple (Black) became an ambassador.
- Clint Eastwood became mayor of Carmel, California.
- Sonny Bono, technically a singer but did some TV and film, became mayor of Palm Springs.
- Jarosław and Lech Kaczyński, prime minister and president of Poland respectively, starred in the film The Two Who Stole the Moon
- Glenda Jackson became a member of British Parliament.
- And going backwards, Jerry Springer was a mayor first, then became talk show host.